Mr. Darrell George is a Senior Advisor with Kosmont Companies and brings over 30 years of experience in local government. He’s held numerous positions in the cities of Santa Monica, Downey, and Pomona, and for the past 15 years had been the City Manager for the City of Duarte from which he retired in December 2019. Mr. George spearheaded successful projects during his tenure in the public sector, like Santa Monica’s Third Street Promenade, Downey’s landmark development Downey Landing, and more recently, Duarte’s Gold Line Station and laying groundwork for the City of Hope’s future campus development of over 1 million square feet.
Mr. George has served on or is currently serving on/as:
- USC City/County Management Fellowship Chair
- Los Angeles County / Local Government Services Commission Chair
- Guest Lecturer at USC School of Public Policy
- Previous San Gabriel Valley City Manager Association Chair
- Previous Contract Cities City Manager Chair
Mr. George holds a Bachelor of Science from the University of Massachusetts and a Master of Planning from the University of Southern California.