Mr. Gary Milliman is a Senior Advisor to Kosmont Companies and works from a satellite office in Brookings, Oregon. Mr. Milliman has 45+ years of city management and economic development experience. His background includes capital improvement financing and implementation, downtown revitalization and intergovernmental relations.
Prior to joining Kosmont, Mr. Milliman served as a City Manager for the cities of South Gate, Bell Gardens, Fort Bragg, Cotati and Brookings. As South Gate City Manager, Mr. Milliman planned and implemented a comprehensive strategy to resolve the fiscal crisis and near bankruptcy of the City, including attracting new private capital investment.
Additionally, as a private investor, Mr. Milliman established an investment fund to purchase and operate the California Western Railroad, where he served as President/Chief Executive Officer.
- Bachelor of Arts, Journalism, California State College at Los Angeles
- Master of Public Administration, University of Southern California
- Senior Executives in State and Local Government certificate program, Harvard University
- Licensed Real Estate Broker – State of Oregon Department of Real Estate (DRE #201217208)
- National Association of Realtors and Oregon Association of Realtors
- South West Oregon Commission on Transportation – Chair
- Border Coast Regional Airport Authority Board of Directors
- North Coast Railroad Authority Board of Directors – past Chair