Mr. Julio Fuentes is a Senior Advisor with Kosmont Companies. He provides KC public and private sector clients with advisory services related to economic development and housing assistance. Mr. Fuentes has over 35 years of public sector experience working and managing communities within Los Angeles and Santa Clara Counties. He has an extensive background in financial management, economic development, capital improvement planning and implementation, mixed-use development and downtown revitalization work.
Prior to joining Kosmont, Mr. Fuentes served as City Manager and Redevelopment Executive Director with the cities of Azusa, Pomona and Alhambra, and as City Manager and Executive Director to the City of Santa Clara and Santa Clara Stadium Authority. During his tenure, Mr. Fuentes represented his cities in many negotiations which resulted in retail, restaurant, office, housing, hotel, entertainment, and auto dealership developments. He also worked to complete the construction of the Levi Stadium project and participated in City efforts to attract sporting and entertainment events like the Super Bowl 50 game and the WWE WrestleMania match.
Mr. Fuentes holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from California State University, Long Beach and a Master of Public Administration degree from the University of Southern California.
AFFILIATIONS & RECOGNITIONS:
Mr. Fuentes has been affiliated and received the following professional recognitions:
- Former California Redevelopment Association-Board President, 2012
- USC Sol Price School of Public Policy-City Manager in Residence, 2016
- Public CEO-Recipient, City Official of the Year, 2010
- Recipient, Excellence in Successful Economic Development Award, San Gabriel Economic Partnership, 2012
- Recipient, Past President’s Community Distinguish Award, Alhambra Chamber of Commerce, 2006
- President, San Gabriel City Manger’s Association, 1994-95